UPDATE ON EVERTON LEAGUE CAMPAIGN REVEALED

Everton and other Premier League teams won't have to stop their matches in the league despite the fact that a lockdown has been announced in the United Kingdom (UK) by the prime minister Boris Johnson due to the new Covid-19 strain. Boris Johnson announced on Monday that the UK will enter into a complete lockdown with immediate effect before adding that primary and secondary schools would be shut down during the duration of the lockdown. The Covid-19 alert level has been raised from level four to level five to further highlight the severity of the situation on ground. Level five is the highest level possible and residents have been told to stay at home in a bid to protect the National Health Service (NHS).


Major sporting events like the Premier League are not affected by the new development meaning that Everton have the chance to bounce back from the disappointing loss at home to West Ham United on Friday in the FA Cup this weekend. Everton were beaten 1-0 by the Hammers at home as their former manager David Moyes masterminded a big win over the Toffees.

EVERTON FACE TRIPLE THREAT FOR MIDFIELDER

Merseyside giants Everton are reportedly one of the clubs in the hunt for German World Cup winner Sami Khedira who plays his club football for Juventus in the Italian Serie A. The 33-year-old was a key player for Germany as they won the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament in Brazil, beating a Lionel Messi-led Argentina 1-0 in the final of the tournament which was settled in extra time.


Italian transfer news outlet Calciomercato has been reporting the number of clubs’ keen to sign Sami Khedira when he leaves Juventus next year and Everton are one of those clubs. The latest report from the same platform has disclosed that three Championship teams are also interested in the former Bayern Munich player. It was stated that the Championship trio of Bournemouth, Norwich City and Watford want to sign the highly experienced player.

Ancelotti opens up on Alli to Everton rumours

Carlo Ancelotti has opened up on transfer rumours linking Everton with a move for Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli by saying that he does not want to entertain rumours. However, Ancelotti says that he has a lot of respect for the 24-year-old. The England international has been struggling for form and regular time on the pitch. He appears to be on the verge of a fallout with Jose Mourinho. The last six matches have seen Dele Alli being frozen out of the first-team action for one reason or the other.


So far, most of the appearance is made by the England international have been in the Europa League.
There have been some occasions when Alli has been able to reproduce the kind of form that he showed during the 2018-19 season. The midfielder has struggled to produce his best form as a result of being played on the different managers with different styles.

Team:

ANDRE GOMES PICKS HIS BEST XI

Everton midfielder Andre Gomes has picked his best XI and it includes the iconic duo of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi who have 11 Ballon d'Or titles between them. Barcelona superstar Messi has won six Ballon d'Or titles, while Juventus player Ronaldo has five Ballon d'Or titles.


Andre Gomes, 27, is on the list of an exclusive club that has shared the dressing room with both Messi and Ronaldo. It is not surprising that he has picked both players in his best XI. He spent two years at Barcelona between 2016 and 2018 where he linked up with Lionel Messi.

EVERTON EYEING JANUARY RAID FOR ISCO

Merseyside giants Everton have been linked with a transfer swoop for Real Madrid playmaker Isco ahead of the January window. Various media reports in the United Kingdom have revealed that Isco could follow James Rodriguez to Goodison Park in the coming weeks.

Danny Mills urges Tom Davies to consider fresh challenge away from Everton

Former Premier League ace Danny Mills has urged Tom Davies to consider a fresh challenge away from Everton this summer. The 22-year-old has spent his entire career with the Toffees where he has made more than 100 appearances and there have been a number of matches where he has also been handed the captain’s armband.


Despite this, he has struggled for regular game time under Carlo Ancelotti and he found himself on the bench on more occasions during the backend of the previous season. Speaking to Football Insider, Mills said that it could be time to move on for Davies, considering he is no longer a guaranteed starter at the Merseyside outfit.

Team:

Besic is looking forward for a move to any Premier League club

Everton footballer Mo Besic is looking forward to a move to another Premier League club as it seems like the player will be not given a fresh start at the club. According to Liverpool Echo,Carlo Ancelotti seems to be hesitant on giving a fresh start for the Bosnian in the team. In the last game against Wolves, it showed how miserable was Everton's midfield. In times like this,the club could make use of player like Besic to fill those gaps.

Team:

Campbell concerns of over midfield section of Everton

Former Everton player Kevin Campbell believes that Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti should be signingat least four players in the upcoming transfer window. He also suggested that the player should target centre backs. Since Ancelotti's takeover, the club the weak spots of the club can be seen. With the defeat against Wolves on Sunday for 3-0, their dreams to be on the European league for the next season hasdestroyed. The game clearly showed that the team needed some new players in the upcoming transfer window that will solve their midfield issues.

Luke Garbutt ready to make a decision on his future

Luke Garbutt's contract at Everton is soon going to expire. He is unsure of what the future is holding for him with only a few weeks left out in the contract. He with Everton signed a deal at 2015 for five years and all his time at Everton, he has spent a good number of those at several clubs of Europe. This 2019–2020 season he has spent it in Ligue 1 club Ipswich Town and has played a good role with 28 league appearances he has scored five goals and three assists.

Garbutt in a talk with the official website of Ipswich Town has said that his contract with Everton will soon be coming to an end. When everything related to football has settled down, he along with his agent will be having talks with a representative. He, in this summer,will draw out the process and see what the future have for him. He hopes that he can make a decision on which club he wants to join.

Team:

Kean very different to Balotelli, says Chiellini

Moise Kean is a different person from Mario Balotelli says the Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini. Kean was transferred to Everton on last year from Juventus for £25 million. Since his arrival at the Premier League club, he has caused many troubles and has also failed to play well for the team.

Team:

Pages

Subscribe to Northern Touch Soccer RSS