Everton’s defensive duo – Phil Jagielka and John Stones – once again showed why they are highly rated by the Premier League after putting in an extraordinary display in the recent game against Swansea.
Roberto Martinez put foot down and sent a clear message across that no matter how high an amount gets offered, Everton is not going to sell John Stones this summer.
It’s been a very interesting situation at Everton regarding Stones. Chelsea, the England top tier champions made as many as three bids for the young defender, and Stones himself let his current employers know that he wanted to move to Stamford Bridge, but still the move didn't happen.
Everton’s Roberto Martinez has been attempting to sign Tom Cleverley since last year. In the previous season, Martinez launched an offer for the 25 year old midfielder but a deal could never be completed however this won’t stop the manager of Everton to continue luring Cleverley into Goodison Park.
"We know the situation with Tom. He's a player I know well, I've worked with him.’’ Roberto Martinez said.
Ross Barkley was a huge part in England’s U21 team that recently qualified for the European championships. However, manager Gareth Southgate has left him out of the under 21 squad for the tournament itself.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that he is more concerned by the fact that striker Romelu Lukaku has changed his agent midway through the season.
The Belgian international joined the club in the summer from Chelsea for a club record fee of £ 28 million, but he has struggled to have the same kind of impact that he had last time around. Everton were persuaded into spending this amount of money on the player after he had an excellent loan spell last season. Still just 21 years old, Lukaku is expected to grow into a much better player than he is currently.
The confidence of the Manchester City players is really remarkable. Despite having slipped to no. 4, they are still expecting themselves to go on and deny Chelsea from lifting the Premier League trophy this season.
Jesus Navas, one of the biggest flops for Manchester City in the last couple of years, feels Chelsea will have a slip up somewhere down the line in the remaining weeks and that will open the door for the Sky Blues.
Everton are looking to use the Europa League as a mode of distraction from their poor league form and a way to get into the Champions League next season.
With the January transfer window right on the horizon, certain managers are getting ready to make a huge splash in the transfer market in order to upgrade their teams but Everton’s Roberto Martinez is not one of them as the Spanish manager believes that his squad is already good enough and it can deal with the 2nd half of the season of the Premier League.
Roll up, roll up; it’s that time of year again: the transfer rumour bandwagon is charging into town, bringing all the usual whispers and gossip along with it.
Is it too late to ask for a minor Christmas miracle to come your club’s way? Or will you just have to resign yourself to another month of disappointment as transfer target after transfer target comes and goes?
Unfortunately, for most of us the best we can hope for is the odd loan deal here and there to help steady the ship and finish the season in mid-table mediocrity (again).
Everton secured three points for only the second consecutive time this season after a 3-1 win over Burnley on Saturday. The win was hugely helped by the two goals from Samuel Eto’o, who also came extremely close to getting hat-trick after hitting the post.
The former Chelsea man has not been a regular goalscorer, but his contribution has been immense according to Roberto Martinez. The Everton manager claims that the 33-year-old is a gift from God because he has not only been able to contribute on the pitch, but also off it as well.